Dr Anthony Arcuri – BA PGDipPsych DPsy(CounPsy) MAPS MCCOUNP MCCLP, Counselling and Clinical Psychologist
Anthony is a Counselling and Clinical Psychologist with over 10 years’ experience working with adults and adolescents across the spectrum of psychological difficulties. He is particularly interested in the impacts of relationships on mental health, men’s mental health, trauma, and adolescent issues. His approach to psychotherapy is primarily psychodynamic, supplemented by systemic (family) therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), and substance use treatment, where appropriate.
In addition to psychotherapy work, Anthony has worked for a number of years conducting research and teaching in the areas of psychotherapy, substance use and young people. He has had his work published in international journals and books, and has presented numerous papers at national and international conferences. He has taught personality studies and drug and alcohol studies to undergraduate students, and qualitative research methods to postgraduate students, across several universities. He is currently an Adjunct Supervisor (HDR) and Honorary Associate at the Department of Psychology, Macquarie University, Sydney.
Anthony is registered as a Medicare Clinical Psychology Provider, and with many private health funds. He is also a registered supervisor of trainee psychologists and psychology registrars seeking endorsement as Clinical Psychologists or Counselling Psychologists.
For more information, please visit dranthonyarcuri.com.au, or contact Anthony directly on 02 8719 0530 or 0410 221 936.
Memberships and Registrations
- Fully registered with the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA)
- Registered with the PBA as an approved supervisor for endorsement as a Counselling Psychologist or Clinical Psychologist, and as a principal or secondary supervisor for intern psychologists.
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Member of the APS College of Counselling Psychologists
- Member of the APS College of Clinical Psychologists
- Approved supervisor for entry in the APS Colleges of Counselling and Clinical Psychology
- Registered with Medicare Australia as a Provider of Specialist Clinical Psychology Services
- Registered with many private health funds as a Provider of Psychology Services